Why Guardians For Animals Was Founded
After seeing so many animals needlessly die in shelters across
the country, it was clear that a unifying organization was needed to
bring together the efforts of countless small no-kill organizations.
Everyday we offer this much needed support, utilizing our non-profit umbrella to protect as
many animals as possible from a fate that is death.
The rescues are often a death row animals' only hope for survival.
Should one small rescue fail, hundreds - even thousands - of animals
would perish. Our priority is to reverse this sad fact of life and
replace despair with
hope and comfort in the eyes of these beautiful and innocent creatures.
Eight to 10 million abused, abandoned and
neglected animals enter U.S. Shelters each year. LESS THAN 40% ARE
ADOPTED FROM THESE SHELTERS.
many are left to die for no reason. Rescue groups are the animals' last
hope and the ONLY hope for those innocent animals on death row. GFA
helps dedicated, NO KILL rescue groups receive much needed funds,
supplies, and help with placement of animals in their care. GFA is
supported by private and corporate donations. No state or federal
funding is received.
Guardians For Animals is a Non-Profit 501(c)(3) Organization.
What We Do
- Provide spay/neuter and emergency medial aid support to rescues.
- Distribute food and related supplies.
- Help with adoptive animal placement in PETCO stores.
- GFA supports PETCO's "Think Adoption First" program by helping groups to place their rescue animals in Petco stores for adoption. Petco has agreed to support rescues rather than buying animals from breeders.
- We teach fundraising techniques and strengthen their network of support.
- We help rescue organizations join forces with Rally to Rescue, assisting in supplying their animals with food, supplies and fund-raising support.
GFA is dedicated to helping rescues and sanctuaries save the lives of abandoned, abused and neglected animals.
With the help of some very compassionate people GFA has distributed over 300,000 pounds of food within the last two
Our deepest gratitude to our partners, PETCO Foundation, PETCO
Animal Supplies, Pro Plan Rally To Rescue and to all the MANY who
participated to ensure rescues have the highest quality food for the
animals in their care in the most difficult of economic times.
We Support The Shambala Preserve
The Shambala Mission Statement:
To educate the public about exotic animals and to advocate for legislation to protect them. To provide
sanctuary for exotic animals who have suffered from gross mistreatment and neglect so they can regain
their physical and mental health and live out their lives in dignity. Shambala has given refuge to
four Big Cats rescued from Michigan. This is a tremendous commitment, considering that these animals
can live well past 20 years ... we find it imperative to support organizations that keep them safe
Visit the Shambala Preserve